Got any questions or concerns? We'd love to hear it! Email us at hipsterfrenzy@gmail.com
Nocturnal Festival 2008

By Sébastien Chassé on 6:50 PM

Filed Under:


I'm very short at words for I was not present to witness the magnificence that has been described to me as Nocturnal Festival 2008. I know it may be a bit of a late recap, but better clever than never right?
Ok, anyway.....6 stages (3 enjoyable.. catch my drift?) packed with some of the biggest names in the world right now, right here in San Bernardino! From what I've read and also been told, The Upside Down Stage (Playing host to such heavy hitters as Dubfire [Formally of Deep Dish], Claude Von Stroke , and the king of aliases, Richie Hawtin) boasted the best sound system of the night, and closely following was the Big Top Tent (Featuring artists like Sharam [also formally of Deep Dish], Junkie XL, & Kaskade). However, the real hype from what I hear was eminating from the Electrodome; Standing out with a whopping line-up including a live performance from Digitalism, and DJ Sets from So_Me, Le Castle Vania, Little Boots, A1 Bassline, Will Bailey of Twocker fame, Computer Club and Eli Smith from So Sweet Records. Anyone who was in attendance for this historic line-up gracing Southern California is probably still way hyped and talking about it, and I definitely don't blame anybody who is. Anyway.. I've compiled a list of my personal favorite tracks having affiliation with the artists mentioned. Although some songs may not exemplify the typical sound some of these artists normally put out, to ensure quality tracks i'm posting based on personal preference at the moment and what I'm diggin right now.

I Remember (Strobelite Edit) - Kaskade

Emissions - Dubfire

Through A Keyhole (Le Castle Vania Remix) - Walter Meego

Stuck On Repeat (Fake Blood Remix) - Little Boots

Cities In Dust (Feat. Lauren Rocket) (Adam K & Soha Remix) - Junkie XL

Spastik (Dubfire Rework) - Plastikman

Get Wild (Steve Angello Remix) - Sharam

Jupiter Room (Martian Assault Mix) - Digitalism

Feelin For You (Will Bailey Unreleased Mix) - Cassius

Somebody - A1 Bassline

To Protect and Entertain (Feat. Murs) (So Me Get Naked Remix) - Busy P

Flat Beat (Computer Clubs Fat Eric Remix) - Mr. Oizo

The Whistler (Jesse Rose Mix) - Claude Von Stroke


Enjoy all.

-Stefan

0 comments for this post